Homeless Camp and Transient Cleanup
Homeless camps and transients create a variety of public safety concerns, public health issues, and public infrastructure issues. As the number of people identifying as homeless in Washington State grows, so do the concerns of citizens, businesses, government agencies, and law enforcement officials.
When your agency, organization, or business needs homeless camp or transient cleanup services, you can rest assured our teams will adhere to your requirements, local and state requirements, and our own best practices.
Homeless Camp Cleanup Best Practices
- Post a notice of trespass 72 hours before cleanup begins
- During the 72-hour notice period, people will be able to gather their medical records, weapons, etc.
- Coordinate with law enforcement
- Carefully sort all materials for proper handling and containment
- Contain and dispose of all solid and hazardous waste, including human waste (urine, feces, vomit, blood, etc.), drugs, needles, drug paraphernalia, garbage, items that pose a health hazard, etc.
- Document the cleanup with photos
- On request, provide a list of local resources for people seeking shelter or other resources
Effective homeless camp and transient cleanup include respect for the people involved, the unhoused people, the neighboring housed people, and people using the public spaces to access businesses, parks, and other public spaces. Advance notice ensures people can prepare for what’s coming. When our hazardous waste cleanup professionals arrive, we prevent access so we can safely and thoroughly clean the area and remove all the hazardous waste and garbage from the area. Our clean-up includes needle pickup, gathering drugs, drug waste, drug paraphernalia, human waste, and garbage. We collect the hazardous and non-hazardous waste in appropriate containers, then remove it and safely dispose of it. When we finish, the site is safe for public use.
Homeless Camps and Transient Cleanup Locations
Our teams are equipped to clean any area with a homeless camp or used by transients.
- Next to freeways, highways, and roadways
- Under freeways and roadways
- Greenbelts and green spaces
- Parking lots
- Doorways and alcoves
- Vacant lots
- Vacant homes and buildings
Fully Prepared for Meticulous and Efficient Homeless Camp and Transient Cleanup
Our trained, experienced teams arrive on schedule with the appropriate supplies, equipment, and tools to thoroughly and efficiently clean the area.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cleaners, disinfectants, and sterilizers
- Garbage containers (dumpsters)
- Hazardous waste containers
Our proven-successful processes ensure that your site is meticulously cleaned, photos and documentation are completed, and your requirements are fulfilled.
24/7 Rapid Response
Contact us today for more information about homeless and transient cleanup and to schedule or dispatch a team.